Well you know how it is. It’s Wednesday, that day of the week where you are further away from Monday but still not close enough to Friday! Mid week meals can sometimes be difficult to plan as you know you will have to keep the momentum going for the rest of the week.
Well with a few simple ingredients you can whip up a delicious meal in no time. And bonus is you can make it completely lactose and gluten free!
Lamb with Roast Vegetables & Sour Cream
Prep time: 15-20 minutes (plus marinating lamb overnight, the night before.)
Cooking time: 1 hour
8 lamb chops
1 tablespoon lactose free butter
1/4 olive oil
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried parsely
salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for roast vegetables
1 kilo potatoes
1/2 butternut pumpkin
2 large zucchinis
1 tablespoon vegetable stock
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 tablespoon dried rosemary
1 tub lactose free sour cream
1 tablespoon dried chives
Roti bread to serve
- In a large glass bowl add ingredients for the marinade and whisk to combine. Add lamb chops and leave to marinate overnight if possible. If not half and hour will do.
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius, in a glass bowl place oil, vegetable stock, and rosemary, mix together. Place whole potatoes in bowl and coat with mixture. Place potatoes in an greased oven proof dish and place in oven to bake. (leave 1 hour to bake)
- Place chopped pumpkin and zucchini in glass bowl that potatoes where in and mix to combine, when potatoes have baked for at least 1/2 hour then place zucchini and pumpkin in the oven to bake.
- Place butter in heavy based fry pan and let melt, add lamb chops and fry each side until cooked, roughly 6-8 minutes each side
- Once cooked set aside in a clean dish and cover.
- Once vegetables have cooked in the oven you can assemble your plate by placing 1-2 lamb chops in plate, top lamb chops with some sour cream and chives. Place a roast potato topped with sour cream and chives as well as the zucchini and pumpkin on the plate. Serve with Roti bread.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. It’s quick, simple and easy and full of nutrients. Hopefully it makes your mid week meal more enjoyable.
Thank you for reading my latest post.
Please note this is an original recipe by me. Please do not copy. If you wish to share my recipe please quote my blog page www.vickyshandcrafteddesigns.blog
There is nothing more we loved than pancakes and it’s French toast!
This week I decided to put my Kambrook pancake maker to the test and see if I can make French toast in it!
Well you be the judge!
Each slice is perfectly cooked! No more burnt toast or unevenly cooked pieces!
Below ⬇️ have written a quick and easy recipe to create delicious French toast in no time!
1 loaf of bread ( choose whichever bread you like)
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 teaspoon of caster sugar
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
1) heat up a pancake or sandwhich maker.
2) place all ingredients in a large glass bowl. Which until combined
3) lightly spray the plates of the pancake or sandwhich maker.
4) dip both sides of each slice of bread in the egg mixture place in the pancake in the pancake or sandwhich maker and close the lid. When green light is on it is done.
5) repeat with remaining slices, serve with maple syrup or toppings of your choice.
All ingredients purchased from http://www.woolworths.com.au
Pancake make used http://www.kambrook.com.au
Please note this is not a sponsored post. Just my personal opinion and ideas which I wanted to share.
Thank you for reading
Take a look at a quick at an easy recipe for fluffy pancakes to suit everyone in the family.
My husband and daughter like their pancakes plain. Myself and the boys love our chocolate chip. So I came up with a method where I do one mix and then separate and add the other ingredients. Saves me time and we all get what we want!
Easy Pancake Recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time : approximately 10 minutes
2 medium size eggs
1 3/4 c milk (I used almond milk)
2 c self raising flour ( you can swap for glutenfree)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
Optional ingredients for Chocolate chip pancakes
1 cup milk chocolate chips (can use Noshu sugar free ones if you want)
2 teaspoons caster sugar (add more if you like sweeter pancakes
1/4 pure maple syrup
1) beat 2 eggs in large glass bowl until creamy. Add vanilla and mix through
2) Gradually add flour and milk, alternating between each and thoroughly mixing each addition until all the milk and flour is incorporated.
3) grab a second glass bowl and pour half of the mixture into it. Add the optional ingredients and mix through
4) heat up a heavy based frying pan or a pancake maker. I used the http://www.kambrook.com.au Kambrook pancake maker. It’s easy to use. Just lightly spray between each addition of batter and it makes perfect fluffy pancakes every time.
5) when frying the pancakes start with the plain batter first and then once you finish fry the chocolate chip ones next.
6) Serve with maple syrup, or jam or butter and fruit or basically any toppings you like!
I hope this recipe was enjoyable and easy to follow. Feel free to comment if I have left anything out.
Thank you for ready and enjoy your Sunday!
Unfortunately we are in another lockdown. I feel it’s absolutely necessary in order to curb this horrible virus. For those of us forced to stay home it can be a lonely and overwhelming experience with most of us turning to junk food to fill the void.
Cooking is the last thing on our minds! Give me a warm blanket, large pack of Doritos and Netflix and I am good to go!
Unfortunately I am going to have to forget the Doritos and opt for something healthy. One thing I look for when I am cooking is an appliance that will make my life easier and the Kambrook Pancake Maker won my heart today. Not only does it make delicious pancakes in no time you can also make mini omelettes too! They cook in seconds and are filling too! You can put away that bag of Doritos after all.
Below is a quick recipe I put together. Serves 1-2 people but if you want to feed more people increase the number of eggs by adding one extra egg per person.
Cheesy Egg Omelette
1/2 tablespoon dried chives
Grated cheese (any cheese will do)
1) Plug in Kambrook pancake maker to heat up, spray with oil
2) place all ingredients in a glass bowl and best with whisk until blended.
3) Pour half of the mixture onto one plate of the pancake maker and half on the other. Close the lid and let it cook. A green light will go on when it’s ready.
4) serve with a fresh salad or steamed vegetables or even in a sandwich.
And that’s it! Lunch, brunch or breakfast or even dinner is done. Best of all clean up is easy. Let the appliance cool a little and wipe with a clean wet cloth. Dry with paper towel and store away!
Hope you enjoyed that simple recipe. I will hopefully be bringing you more recipes with time saving appliances I like to use.
Sending you all positive vibes to help everyone get through this stressful time.
Read about a great App I use to keep all my notes organised! Best of all its free!
You know the struggle, you have to remember something or someone gives you information and you are running around looking for pen and paper to write it on!
Thats me most of the time! And most of the time I throw my arms up in fustration as despite me having a million pens and scraps of paper, I can never find one in that moment.
I discovered the notes app that comes with Iphone and it is brilliant! Not only can you type notes and lists on there. You can copy links, pictures and so much more! I save hashtags and copy and paste to my instagram whenever I need to and also my favourite recipes!
The great thing about it too is you can link it to your ICloud and also a gmail account so you can access the same notes from different devices. You can also create folders to house different notes you need access for all the time, such as contacts, recipes, instructions and so much more.
Overall its one of the best Apps I have used so far and believe me I have tried all sorts of note taking Apps, this by far exceeds my expectations!
So next time you a scrolling through your phone take a look and see if you have this App, it truly is a game changer!
Thank you for reading and I wish you all a wonderful week.
Next week I will talk about an easy to do list App I came across! Stay tuned.
With a few simple ingredients you can make a nutritious meal in no time at all.
I called this salad The 4 C’s salad because it contains chicken, carrots, celery and cucumber.
250 g chicken breast
2 large carrots
2 celery sticks
2 large Lebanese cucumbers
2 teaspoons Tarragon
2 teaspoons Oregano
1 teaspoon BBQ chicken seasoning
1 tablespoon Plant based butter or margarine
1/2 cup Lactose free Greek yoghurt
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon Lemon juice
1) wash and Pat dry the chicken breast. Cut into thin slices.
2) place in a bowl and add herbs, chicken seasoning and salt. Mix together.
3) Melt butter/margerine in a heavy based pan and add chicken. Stir fry until browned. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
4) in a large bowl cut the carrots, celery and cucumber into small pieces add the chicken and mix until it’s all incorporated. Set aside.
5) In a separate bowl mix the salad dressing ingredients until all combined. Pour over the salad and mix until coated.
6) Divide into 2 bowls for a main meal or 4 if you are using the salad as a side dish.
I purchased my ingredients from my local http://www.woolworths.com.au
Thank you for reading my post and I hope you enjoyed this recipe.
Some nights you just don’t feel like cooking. Especially on a Saturday night. Also if you have dietary requirements such as gluten and lactose free. It just becomes too much.
San Remo have brought out a really great range of gluten free pastas to suit your needs. From Pene to spirals and lasgna sheets. You can create a variety of dishes.
Using San Remo spiral pasta and some precooked chicken and frozen vegetables. Dinner is ready in 15 minutes! And because you only need one pot, less washing up.
1 cup San Remo Spiral pasta
4-5 cups water
Frozen vegetables of your choice
Pre cooked chicken breast
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 tablespoon Oregano
Prep and cooking time
1) Pre-heat water, add salt to water and stir
2) When water is boiling add pasta, chicken and vegetables. Let boil until cooked. Stirring occasionally.
3) When cooked, drain and return to pot. Add oregano and Parmesan cheese stir to coat pasta
4) Serve in bowls with bread or garden salad.
And there you have it dinner is ready.
Thank you for reading and I will be back soon with some more easy recipes.
Again it’s dinner time and I am at my wits end. One lone teenager protesting I am not eating what everyone else is eating!
My go to sometimes is hamburgers for everyone but I think that option has worn out it’s welcome.
We mainly eat chicken mince now due to dietary requirements and Mr nearly 16 luckily can still eat beef.
I made chicken meatballs in a white sauce for us and a beef burger for my teenager son. I also made homemade potato wedges and some tortellini also in white saw to go with the chicken meatballs.
Chicken meatball recipe
500g organic chicken mince
Salt to taste
3/4 cup glutenfree breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon of dried tarragon
1 teaspoon dried oregano
White sauce ingredients
1 tablespoon plant based butter (I used Nutlex pulse
1 tablespoon gluten free plain flour ( I used Organ)
1 cup organic almond milk (I used the Australia’s own brand
Salt to taste
1) Put all ingredients in a large bowl. combine until all ingredients are incorporated into the meat. Cover and refrigerate for 1/2.
2) once taken out of fridge shape into meatballs (makes approximately 10 medium meatballs.) set aside
3) in a heavy based pan melt a tablespoon of plant based butter. Place the meatballs in the pan and cover with lid. Once the meatballs start turning white. Remove lid and turn them. Put lid on again and cook a further 5 minutes on low.
4) in a separate pan melt 1 tablespoon of plant butter and add 1 tablespoon of gluten-free flour. Mix until butter is incorporated into flour. Slowly add 1 cup of of organic almond milk. Stirring with eat edition until all combined. Lower temperature and simmer stirring occasionally until saw thickens.
5) remove from heat and pour over meatballs. Replace lid on pan and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
6) once done place in ceramic dish and serve with a salad or potato wedges.
This is an original recipe of mine all ingredients bought at Woolworths
I will include the recipe for the wedge and burger in another post.
Thank you for reading! Happy eating 🥗
Especially when it involves cheese.
Today has been an extremely long day, so when it came to dinner everyone was hungry but they weren’t hungry if you know what I mean.
A mum’s nightmare! What are you going to feed a bunch of hungry people who aren’t hungry but they are!
I figured I can’t go wrong with grilled cheese and a George Foreman grill.
I sliced some potatoes very thinly and sauted them in a pan with some plant based margerine, I sprinkled some salt and oregano to add flavour.
In another pan I stir fried some sliced chicken tenders in the plant based butter with some salt and tarragon.
When all cooked I buttered the outside of some gluten free bread. I like the Helga’s brand. Fire up the George Foreman grill and buttered the inside of the bread as well. Sprinkle with tarragon on both sides. Layer the chicken, sliced potatoes, put some bbq sauce and mustard and layer a piece of lactose free cheese on top. I use the Liddells brand sliced Colby cheese.
Grill until cheese is melted and enjoy.
Worked out well family is fed and the washing up is minimal. Not a bad ending to an exhausting day.
250 g organic chicken tenderloins
5 medium potatoes
4 x cheese slices lactose free
8 slices of gluten free bread
Plant based butter
Liddells lactose free
Macros organic chicken
Nutlex plant based range
Saxa table salt
Purchased from Woolworths
Happy eating 🥗