Take a look at a quick at an easy recipe for fluffy pancakes to suit everyone in the family.
My husband and daughter like their pancakes plain. Myself and the boys love our chocolate chip. So I came up with a method where I do one mix and then separate and add the other ingredients. Saves me time and we all get what we want!
Easy Pancake Recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time : approximately 10 minutes
2 medium size eggs
1 3/4 c milk (I used almond milk)
2 c self raising flour ( you can swap for glutenfree)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
OptionalingredientsforChocolate chip pancakes
1 cup milk chocolate chips (can use Noshu sugar free ones if you want)
2 teaspoons caster sugar (add more if you like sweeter pancakes
1/4 pure maple syrup
1) beat 2 eggs in large glass bowl until creamy. Add vanilla and mix through
2) Gradually add flour and milk, alternating between each and thoroughly mixing each addition until all the milk and flour is incorporated.
3) grab a second glass bowl and pour half of the mixture into it. Add the optional ingredients and mix through
4) heat up a heavy based frying pan or a pancake maker. I used the http://www.kambrook.com.au Kambrook pancake maker. It’s easy to use. Just lightly spray between each addition of batter and it makes perfect fluffy pancakes every time.
5) when frying the pancakes start with the plain batter first and then once you finish fry the chocolate chip ones next.
6) Serve with maple syrup, or jam or butter and fruit or basically any toppings you like!
I hope this recipe was enjoyable and easy to follow. Feel free to comment if I have left anything out.
Unfortunately we are in another lockdown. I feel it’s absolutely necessary in order to curb this horrible virus. For those of us forced to stay home it can be a lonely and overwhelming experience with most of us turning to junk food to fill the void.
Cooking is the last thing on our minds! Give me a warm blanket, large pack of Doritos and Netflix and I am good to go!
Unfortunately I am going to have to forget the Doritos and opt for something healthy. One thing I look for when I am cooking is an appliance that will make my life easier and the Kambrook Pancake Maker won my heart today. Not only does it make delicious pancakes in no time you can also make mini omelettes too! They cook in seconds and are filling too! You can put away that bag of Doritos after all.
Below is a quick recipe I put together. Serves 1-2 people but if you want to feed more people increase the number of eggs by adding one extra egg per person.
Cheesy Egg Omelette
1/2 tablespoon dried chives
Grated cheese (any cheese will do)
1) Plug in Kambrook pancake maker to heat up, spray with oil
2) place all ingredients in a glass bowl and best with whisk until blended.
3) Pour half of the mixture onto one plate of the pancake maker and half on the other. Close the lid and let it cook. A green light will go on when it’s ready.
4) serve with a fresh salad or steamed vegetables or even in a sandwich.
And that’s it! Lunch, brunch or breakfast or even dinner is done. Best of all clean up is easy. Let the appliance cool a little and wipe with a clean wet cloth. Dry with paper towel and store away!
Hope you enjoyed that simple recipe. I will hopefully be bringing you more recipes with time saving appliances I like to use.
Sending you all positive vibes to help everyone get through this stressful time.