It’s that time of the week again! New week! New start. New adventures, new ideas.
Being motivated is not easy especially in a time like this. Most of us are lockdown, away from friends and family, some not being able to work, some suffering from this horrible virus. It’s a time where really we feel we lost all hope.
Here are some ways that have helped me keep motivated and keep going even when I didn’t want to.
- Write a list of goals you would like to achieve. Include a timeline to achieve them. Make sure to cross each goal off as you achieve it. This will give you the incentive to keep going as you achieve each goal you will be motivated to start the next
- Talk to someone about your goals and get them to ask you about them. This helps motivate you because you know they will ask you, you will have to have something to show for your efforts.
- Take up a craft or art or listen to music. By exploring your creative side this helps you relax and unwind. It gives you confidence and a sense of achievement. This in turn will motivate you to complete your goals and move on to the next one. This steps is an especially helpful one for me.
- Give yourself an award for completing your goal. Once you have set your goal and completion date, set yourself an award for completing your goal. For instance once I finish writing that management report I will buy those new shoes I wanted. Setting rewards and rewarding yourself gives you the motivation to complete your goals knowing you will receive so in the end.
- Eat well, get rest, do some exercise. Not eating properly or sleeping properly hinders your success rate. You will feel tired and defeated. This was a big factor for me. I was a big junk food addict. This left me feeling tired and feeling sick, in turn I had no energy to do anything. I switched to a low carb diet and started exercising. Now I can’t wait to get up and start getting things done. Sugar is a big factor in causing fatigue. You might get bursts of energy but then you will fall flat. A low GI diet will give you continuous energy through out the day and in turn this will make you be more productive.
Well the above points are all factors that have helped me. I hope they will be of help to you! Wishing you all a wonderful week ahead.