Ok so we all know Sunday’s should be for relaxing, reading, sleeping in but at some point you are going to have to eat! I love this delicious open burger recipe I make for my family. It’s quick and easy to make and full of nutrients. Perfect for those who are eating Keto style foods or gluten free and lactose free.
Serves 4 cooking & planning time: 30 minutes
500 g beef mince
Salt to taste
2 large or 4 medium sweet potatoes
4 teaspoons Chives
4 tablespoons Lactose free cream cheese
4 very large mushrooms (for burger base)
4 slices lactose free cheese
1 tablespoon plant based or lactose free butter or margarine
1) place mince in a large glass bowl and add salt, mix salt in and split mince into 4 equal size piece and form into balls. Place in fridge until needed.
2) Fill a medium size pan halfway with water, add salt to taste and peel and cut sweet potatoes into chunks, place in pan and set to boil. Once boiled, remove and drain and set aside until ready to use.
3) While sweet potatoes are boiling, heat up a grill or grill pan. If using grill pan add butter/margerine, once melted add one ball of mince at a time and squash down with a metal spatula to form burger. Set on medium and cook 2-3 minutes then flip and cook other side for the same amount. if pan is big enough add mushrooms and fry a couple minutes each side or do one a separate pan.
4) when you flip burgers over add a tablespoon of cream cheese on top, sprinkle chives and add cheese on each burger.
5) Mash sweet potatoes and once mushrooms are cooked place in a plate and add burger sprinkle at chives if you like.
Serve with French fries or healthy salad.
This burger is not only delicious and healthy but very filling. All the flavours blend beautifully and is perfect for not only brunch but lunch, dinner and breakfast!
Thank you as always for read my post! Hope you enjoyed this recipe.
This year I am making a big effort to lose 10 kg that I have been hanging onto for the last 17 years! It’s been an on/off dilemma that I feel no matter what I do I can never win.
I started last year with a calorie counter app which helped me keep control of what I have been eating and then of course the holidays kicked in and out went my diet! So here I am again new year and hopefully new me!
Here is a recipe I put together that’s fresh and easy to make and very delicious and filling!
Salmon Sushi Platter
1 small avocado
3 mini cucumbers or 1 medium one
1 tablespoon chopped chives
2 tablespoons fat free mayonnaise
1/2 cup cooked basmati rice
1 tablespoons white vinegar
Salt to taste
1) Wash and cut cucumbers into strips
2) Peel and slice avocado into thin strips
3) In a small bowl place rice and pour vinegar on top, mix thoroughly.
4) in a large plate place rice in the middle of the plate and place the vegetables and salmon around the rice. Place mayonnaise on the plate.
5) Sprinkle chopped chives on top and salt to taste and serve.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe.
My family has different tastes in food, different requirements and so I find preparing dinner a nightmare at times.
I found this brilliant indoor grill while out shopping one day and it’s been a lifesaver at meal times. Now I can cook steak for the boys and chicken for us girls. I only use one appliance and the washing up is easy!
The grill is electrical with a drawer you fill with water. The water acts as a buffer so there is minimal smoke. You can use it indoors or outside.
I will put recipes up from time to time of things I have cooked on this grill.
Thank you for reading my posts. Have a wonderful day.
I have a confession to make, over the last week in he been eating really badly! Fried foods, sugary foods, fatty foods! I was doing really well and lost some weight. The last week being a stressful one, I resorted to my old eating habits. So my body craved something fresh and light and healthy.
Chicken is always a great start to get back in track. It’s easy to digest and high in protein. Add in some raw vegetables and already I am feeling better.
Chicken Salad Grazing Plate
250g chicken, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon mixed herbs
25 g plant based butter
Sliced salad vegetables to taste
Salt to taste
1) Slice chicken into thin slices and place in a glass bowl. Add olive oil, salt and herbs. Mix to combine.
2) Heat up a heavy based frying pan and melt butter in the pan. Stir fry the chicken until browned and cooked through.
3) Arrange in plate with sliced vegetables and enjoy! Drizzle with your favourite salad dressing if you like.
Thank you as always for reading my posts and I hope you enjoy this recipe.
When it comes to Sunday who wants to spend ages in the kitchen. Sunday’s are for relaxing and spending time with the family. Here is a quick recipe that’s done in less than 1/2 hour. Fresh and healthy for the whole family.
Thank you for reading my blog post. Please note this is my original recipe so if you want to share it please refer back to my page. Take care and I wish you all a relaxing day!
Today it’s pouring down rain. Which is fantastic because god knows we needed it. Days like this call for hearty foods! Check out my latest lunch or Sunday brunch idea on Instagram. Quick to make and full of nutritious ingredients. Best of all it’s very filling so hopefully I can keep away from the snack jar!
Wishing you all a relaxing weekend!