Take a look at a quick at an easy recipe for fluffy pancakes to suit everyone in the family.
My husband and daughter like their pancakes plain. Myself and the boys love our chocolate chip. So I came up with a method where I do one mix and then separate and add the other ingredients. Saves me time and we all get what we want!
Easy Pancake Recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time : approximately 10 minutes
2 medium size eggs
1 3/4 c milk (I used almond milk)
2 c self raising flour ( you can swap for glutenfree)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
Optional ingredients for Chocolate chip pancakes
1 cup milk chocolate chips (can use Noshu sugar free ones if you want)
2 teaspoons caster sugar (add more if you like sweeter pancakes
1/4 pure maple syrup
1) beat 2 eggs in large glass bowl until creamy. Add vanilla and mix through
2) Gradually add flour and milk, alternating between each and thoroughly mixing each addition until all the milk and flour is incorporated.
3) grab a second glass bowl and pour half of the mixture into it. Add the optional ingredients and mix through
4) heat up a heavy based frying pan or a pancake maker. I used the http://www.kambrook.com.au Kambrook pancake maker. It’s easy to use. Just lightly spray between each addition of batter and it makes perfect fluffy pancakes every time.
5) when frying the pancakes start with the plain batter first and then once you finish fry the chocolate chip ones next.
6) Serve with maple syrup, or jam or butter and fruit or basically any toppings you like!
I hope this recipe was enjoyable and easy to follow. Feel free to comment if I have left anything out.
Thank you for ready and enjoy your Sunday!