Ok so we all know Sunday’s should be for relaxing, reading, sleeping in but at some point you are going to have to eat! I love this delicious open burger recipe I make for my family. It’s quick and easy to make and full of nutrients. Perfect for those who are eating Keto style foods or gluten free and lactose free.
Serves 4 cooking & planning time: 30 minutes
500 g beef mince
Salt to taste
2 large or 4 medium sweet potatoes
4 teaspoons Chives
4 tablespoons Lactose free cream cheese
4 very large mushrooms (for burger base)
4 slices lactose free cheese
1 tablespoon plant based or lactose free butter or margarine
1) place mince in a large glass bowl and add salt, mix salt in and split mince into 4 equal size piece and form into balls. Place in fridge until needed.
2) Fill a medium size pan halfway with water, add salt to taste and peel and cut sweet potatoes into chunks, place in pan and set to boil. Once boiled, remove and drain and set aside until ready to use.
3) While sweet potatoes are boiling, heat up a grill or grill pan. If using grill pan add butter/margerine, once melted add one ball of mince at a time and squash down with a metal spatula to form burger. Set on medium and cook 2-3 minutes then flip and cook other side for the same amount. if pan is big enough add mushrooms and fry a couple minutes each side or do one a separate pan.
4) when you flip burgers over add a tablespoon of cream cheese on top, sprinkle chives and add cheese on each burger.
5) Mash sweet potatoes and once mushrooms are cooked place in a plate and add burger sprinkle at chives if you like.
Serve with French fries or healthy salad.
This burger is not only delicious and healthy but very filling. All the flavours blend beautifully and is perfect for not only brunch but lunch, dinner and breakfast!
Thank you as always for read my post! Hope you enjoyed this recipe.
This year I am making a big effort to lose 10 kg that I have been hanging onto for the last 17 years! It’s been an on/off dilemma that I feel no matter what I do I can never win.
I started last year with a calorie counter app which helped me keep control of what I have been eating and then of course the holidays kicked in and out went my diet! So here I am again new year and hopefully new me!
Here is a recipe I put together that’s fresh and easy to make and very delicious and filling!
Salmon Sushi Platter
1 small avocado
3 mini cucumbers or 1 medium one
1 tablespoon chopped chives
2 tablespoons fat free mayonnaise
1/2 cup cooked basmati rice
1 tablespoons white vinegar
Salt to taste
1) Wash and cut cucumbers into strips
2) Peel and slice avocado into thin strips
3) In a small bowl place rice and pour vinegar on top, mix thoroughly.
4) in a large plate place rice in the middle of the plate and place the vegetables and salmon around the rice. Place mayonnaise on the plate.
5) Sprinkle chopped chives on top and salt to taste and serve.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe.
Ok well we are at the tail end of the year. The time of year we are going to make a bunch of promises to ourselves which we will most likely never keep!
Mine again is too loose weight and be healthy! And this year I have extra motivation. My 50th birthday! So wish me luck. I will definitely need it. Here is a quick recipe for a delicious and nutritious breakfast to get you started.
1/2 cup raspberries
1/2 cup blueberries
1 teaspoon mixed chai seeds
4-5 tablespoons natural Greek yoghurt (I used lactose free yoghurt)
2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
1) Wash berries and place in bowl add yoghurt, sprinkle chai seeds and dates on top. Drizzle with maple syrup and you are good to go!
That’s it. Simple Fresh and Tasty!
I have stocked my fridge full of berries, yoghurt, avocado and salmon! As I come up with more recipes I will put them up for you!
Thank you to everyone who has read my blog and subscribed. I really appreciate your support. If you haven’t subscribed already please do to get all the updates on my latest posts.
Wishing you all a happy and safe New Year!
Move over George Foreman grill I have found a new best friend! The Russell Hobbs Multifunction benchtop oven!
This oven is amazing! It bakes, it grills, it air fry’s and toasts bread!
It has an easy to clean pull out tray they catches all the crumbs comes with 3 trays plus the crumb tray.
It’s not a bulky unit so would fit most benchtops. To clean just wipe with a clean damp cloth and wash removal trays in warm soapy water. Make sure to dry thoroughly before putting back in the oven. I bought mine from Big W.
Overall I give it a 10/10 for efficiency, reliability and time saving. Best of all the oven heats up quickly so no waiting time!
Thank you for reading my blog post! Wishing you all a wonderful day!
A perfect meal for those nights when you are tired and want something quick nutritious to eat.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time 30-40 minutes
1 pack beef sausages (roughly 6-8)
2 medium sweet potatoes
1/2 butternut pumpkin
1 punnet of cherry tomatoes
1 tablespoon of chives
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup rice
2 cups chicken stock plus extra water
2 tablespoons of olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1) chop vegetables and sausages into bite size pieces.
2) add oil to heavy based sauté pan, stir fry sausages and vegetables until sausages are brown.
3) Add uncooked rice and stir through. Pour in chicken stock and stir through, let mixture come to a boil and then turn down heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until rice is cooked.
4) Turn off heat and stir through Parmesan cheese and chives. Serve .
Thank you for reading. If you share my recipe please credit my page as this is my original recipe. All ingredients bought from https://www.woolworths.com.au
Well you know how it is. It’s Wednesday, that day of the week where you are further away from Monday but still not close enough to Friday! Mid week meals can sometimes be difficult to plan as you know you will have to keep the momentum going for the rest of the week.
Well with a few simple ingredients you can whip up a delicious meal in no time. And bonus is you can make it completely lactose and gluten free!
Lamb with Roast Vegetables & Sour Cream
Prep time: 15-20 minutes (plus marinating lamb overnight, the night before.)
Cooking time: 1 hour
8 lamb chops
1 tablespoon lactose free butter
1/4 olive oil
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried parsely
salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for roast vegetables
1 kilo potatoes
1/2 butternut pumpkin
2 large zucchinis
1 tablespoon vegetable stock
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 tablespoon dried rosemary
1 tub lactose free sour cream
1 tablespoon dried chives
Roti bread to serve
- In a large glass bowl add ingredients for the marinade and whisk to combine. Add lamb chops and leave to marinate overnight if possible. If not half and hour will do.
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius, in a glass bowl place oil, vegetable stock, and rosemary, mix together. Place whole potatoes in bowl and coat with mixture. Place potatoes in an greased oven proof dish and place in oven to bake. (leave 1 hour to bake)
- Place chopped pumpkin and zucchini in glass bowl that potatoes where in and mix to combine, when potatoes have baked for at least 1/2 hour then place zucchini and pumpkin in the oven to bake.
- Place butter in heavy based fry pan and let melt, add lamb chops and fry each side until cooked, roughly 6-8 minutes each side
- Once cooked set aside in a clean dish and cover.
- Once vegetables have cooked in the oven you can assemble your plate by placing 1-2 lamb chops in plate, top lamb chops with some sour cream and chives. Place a roast potato topped with sour cream and chives as well as the zucchini and pumpkin on the plate. Serve with Roti bread.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. It’s quick, simple and easy and full of nutrients. Hopefully it makes your mid week meal more enjoyable.
Thank you for reading my latest post.
Please note this is an original recipe by me. Please do not copy. If you wish to share my recipe please quote my blog page www.vickyshandcrafteddesigns.blog
Gluten & Dairy Free Lasagna Recipe!
Looking back at one of my favourite recipes to create! Lasgna! It’s always been a favourite of mine and what I love about it most is you can create whatever sauce or filling you want! There are even dessert versions of it!
This recipe is gluten free and dairy free. Since having to watch both I did miss out for a while! San Remo pasta have brought out a wonderful range of gluten free pasta so you don’t have to miss out. Along with Bio plant based cheese it’s great to be able to eat my favourite food again!
Check out my recipe below!
Prep Time : 1/2 hour
Sauce cooking time: 3-4 hours
Lasagna Cooking time: 30-40 minutes
2 bottles tomato passata 700g each bottle- I used the Mutti brand from Woolworths
800g can diced tomatoes – I used Woolworths brand Italian diced tomatoes
1/4 Olive oil – I used Woolworths Brand Olive oil
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil (again with both dried herbs I used the Woolworths Home brand
Salt and pepper to taste
Please note you can add 1/2 diced onion and 1 teaspoon crushed garlic if you like. For me I can’t have those so I didn’t put them in.
- In a large heavy based pan, pour in olive oil, then passata, and diced tomatoes, add herbs, and salt and pepper. (If you are adding onion and garlic, fry these in the oil first for a minute and then add other ingredients) Fill one of the passata bottles 3/4 way with water and add to sauce. Stir all ingredients together.
- Set heat on high and bring sauce to a boil. Once boiled, simmer on low heat for 3-4 hours. The longer you leave to simmer on low heat the better the sauce you will get. If you see the sauce thicken too much add a little bit of water and stir. Sauce should be a thick liquid consitency such as a pumpkin soup consistency.
- Once cooked take off heat and set aside and get the rest of your lasagna ingredients ready.
Lasagna Filling Ingredients
500g beef mince (I prefer to use the grass fed mince from Woolworths, it has less fat content)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 cup of the prepared sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 cup grated mozzarella
400g mozzarella extra
200 g grated parmesan extra
again if you wish to use onion put in approx 1/4 finely diced onion and 1 teaspon garlic and fry with mince.
- Place olive oil in heavy based saucepan, turn on heat to medium, if adding onion and garlic, add in first and fry for 1 minute, add mince and fry until browned.
- Add in herbs, salt and pepper, stir through
- Add 1 cup of prepared sauce, stir through then add 1/4 cup each of the mozzarella and parmesan cheese, stir through and set heat to a low simmer, simmer for approx 15-20 minutes, Continue stirring occasionally, If mixture seems to dry out add a bit more sauce.
- Once cooked, turn off heat and set aside for when you are ready to assemble lasagna.
Please see below for steps. I have added in this one fried eggplant but you can add other vegetables if you wish.
- Have lasgana sheets ready
- Cover the bottom of a glass or ceramic dish with sauce
- Layer pasta sheets to cover bottom of dish
- Top with spoonfuls of mince meat, add extra mozzarella and parmesan cheese, ladle tomato sauce on top to cover meat and cheese, add the next layer of pasta and continue until you reach the top of the dish. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and cover with alfoil.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 30-40 minutes. (check at the 30 minute mark if pasta is not yet cooked leave for a bit more.
- Always make sure on the final layer that you cover the lasagna sheets completely with enough sauce so that the pasta doesn’t dry out when cooking.
- Enjoy with some Italian bread and a nice bottle of wine!
Thank you as always for reading my blog post. To make this receipe economical I used mainly Woolworths home brand ingredients.
You can also make this dish in disposable aluminium trays and freeze after cooking to reheat when needed.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe
Please note this post is not sponsored or affiliated with anyone. The recipe is one I put together using ingredients I enjoy using.