Friday night is usually the end of the working week for most people, the night you just want to go home and crash on the couch with your favourite show to binge watch. Cooking is the last thing on your mind! Before you reach for the Uber eats app, take a look at what you have in your fridge or pantry instead, with a few key ingredients you can whip up a healthy meal and still be sitting in front of your tv or computer ready to begin your binge watching marathon in no time!
This recipe is quick and easy and cooks in 15 minutes!
Grilled Chicken with mixed vegetables
Cook time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
500g chicken breast
1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
1/2 tablespoon dried basil
1 teaspoon all purpose seasoning
1 tablespoon plant based butter or margarine
2 pouches of steam ready vegetables (any type of vegies you like)
- Pre heat grill and set on a medium heat.
- In a microwave proof dish melt butter/margarine
- Wash and slice chicken breast into fillets
- Place in glass bowl and add , melted butter, herbs and seasoning. Mix through to coat chicken
- Place on grill tray and grill until golden brown and cooked through (appox. 15 minutes for thin style fillets) If you cut them thicker leave for longer, appox. 20 minutes) When grilling turn fillets over to other side halfway through cooking time.
- In the meantime place one pouch at a time of the steam vegetables into the microwave and cook for specified time.
- Once chicken and vegetables are cooked place on a plate and serve. Can be served with a salad or your favourite bread.
If you like you pan fry the chicken instead for quicker cooking. Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed this recipe.
Net carbs: .01g
Total carbs: .4g
Dietary fibre: .3g