Cheese Omelette with Vegetables
15 min prep
10 min cooking
1 serving total
– 8 ingredients –
2 large 122g Egg whole omelet
1/4 cup 30g Shereded mozza-cheddar cheese kirkland signature
1 tsp, ground 2g Oregano dried
1 tsp 5g Avocado oil plant-based butter by Pure Blends
1 small (5-1/2″ long) 50g Carrots raw
1/2 cup, sliced 46g Red bell pepper
1 pepper 148g Green bell pepper
1 slice 39g Lower carb 5 seeds bread by Helga’s
– steps –
1) Wash and slice 1 medium carrot, half red bell pepper, half green bell pepper. Place in serving plate and set aside.
2) crack 1 egg into a small glass bowl, add oregano and mozzarella cheese, beat mixture until well combined.
3) place a teaspoon of butter or oil in. Heavy base frying pan. Heat up until melted. In the meantime time place your bread in the toaster to begin roasting. Pour egg mixture into frying pan, swirl mixture so it covers whole base of pan. Cook until top starts to cook, flip over and cook other side. When both sides are brown. Place into plate with vegetables and serve with toasted bread.
Unfortunately we are in another lockdown. I feel it’s absolutely necessary in order to curb this horrible virus. For those of us forced to stay home it can be a lonely and overwhelming experience with most of us turning to junk food to fill the void.
Cooking is the last thing on our minds! Give me a warm blanket, large pack of Doritos and Netflix and I am good to go!
Unfortunately I am going to have to forget the Doritos and opt for something healthy. One thing I look for when I am cooking is an appliance that will make my life easier and the Kambrook Pancake Maker won my heart today. Not only does it make delicious pancakes in no time you can also make mini omelettes too! They cook in seconds and are filling too! You can put away that bag of Doritos after all.
Below is a quick recipe I put together. Serves 1-2 people but if you want to feed more people increase the number of eggs by adding one extra egg per person.
Cheesy Egg Omelette
1/2 tablespoon dried chives
Grated cheese (any cheese will do)
1) Plug in Kambrook pancake maker to heat up, spray with oil
2) place all ingredients in a glass bowl and best with whisk until blended.
3) Pour half of the mixture onto one plate of the pancake maker and half on the other. Close the lid and let it cook. A green light will go on when it’s ready.
4) serve with a fresh salad or steamed vegetables or even in a sandwich.
And that’s it! Lunch, brunch or breakfast or even dinner is done. Best of all clean up is easy. Let the appliance cool a little and wipe with a clean wet cloth. Dry with paper towel and store away!
Hope you enjoyed that simple recipe. I will hopefully be bringing you more recipes with time saving appliances I like to use.
Sending you all positive vibes to help everyone get through this stressful time.
Eggs are a staple. They are high in nutrients and can be cooked in many ways.
Take a look at my Instagram post on a quick and easy breakfast idea when you don’t have the time and you still need to eat healthy.
#breakfast #breakfastideas #breakfasttime #quickandeasybreakfast