Ok so we all know Sunday’s should be for relaxing, reading, sleeping in but at some point you are going to have to eat! I love this delicious open burger recipe I make for my family. It’s quick and easy to make and full of nutrients. Perfect for those who are eating Keto style foods or gluten free and lactose free.
Serves 4 cooking & planning time: 30 minutes
500 g beef mince
Salt to taste
2 large or 4 medium sweet potatoes
4 teaspoons Chives
4 tablespoons Lactose free cream cheese
4 very large mushrooms (for burger base)
4 slices lactose free cheese
1 tablespoon plant based or lactose free butter or margarine
1) place mince in a large glass bowl and add salt, mix salt in and split mince into 4 equal size piece and form into balls. Place in fridge until needed.
2) Fill a medium size pan halfway with water, add salt to taste and peel and cut sweet potatoes into chunks, place in pan and set to boil. Once boiled, remove and drain and set aside until ready to use.
3) While sweet potatoes are boiling, heat up a grill or grill pan. If using grill pan add butter/margerine, once melted add one ball of mince at a time and squash down with a metal spatula to form burger. Set on medium and cook 2-3 minutes then flip and cook other side for the same amount. if pan is big enough add mushrooms and fry a couple minutes each side or do one a separate pan.
4) when you flip burgers over add a tablespoon of cream cheese on top, sprinkle chives and add cheese on each burger.
5) Mash sweet potatoes and once mushrooms are cooked place in a plate and add burger sprinkle at chives if you like.
Serve with French fries or healthy salad.
This burger is not only delicious and healthy but very filling. All the flavours blend beautifully and is perfect for not only brunch but lunch, dinner and breakfast!
Thank you as always for read my post! Hope you enjoyed this recipe.