Well you know how it is. It’s Wednesday, that day of the week where you are further away from Monday but still not close enough to Friday! Mid week meals can sometimes be difficult to plan as you know you will have to keep the momentum going for the rest of the week.
Well with a few simple ingredients you can whip up a delicious meal in no time. And bonus is you can make it completely lactose and gluten free!
Lamb with Roast Vegetables & Sour Cream
Prep time: 15-20 minutes (plus marinating lamb overnight, the night before.)
Cooking time: 1 hour
8 lamb chops
1 tablespoon lactose free butter
1/4 olive oil
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried parsely
salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for roast vegetables
1 kilo potatoes
1/2 butternut pumpkin
2 large zucchinis
1 tablespoon vegetable stock
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 tablespoon dried rosemary
1 tub lactose free sour cream
1 tablespoon dried chives
Roti bread to serve
- In a large glass bowl add ingredients for the marinade and whisk to combine. Add lamb chops and leave to marinate overnight if possible. If not half and hour will do.
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius, in a glass bowl place oil, vegetable stock, and rosemary, mix together. Place whole potatoes in bowl and coat with mixture. Place potatoes in an greased oven proof dish and place in oven to bake. (leave 1 hour to bake)
- Place chopped pumpkin and zucchini in glass bowl that potatoes where in and mix to combine, when potatoes have baked for at least 1/2 hour then place zucchini and pumpkin in the oven to bake.
- Place butter in heavy based fry pan and let melt, add lamb chops and fry each side until cooked, roughly 6-8 minutes each side
- Once cooked set aside in a clean dish and cover.
- Once vegetables have cooked in the oven you can assemble your plate by placing 1-2 lamb chops in plate, top lamb chops with some sour cream and chives. Place a roast potato topped with sour cream and chives as well as the zucchini and pumpkin on the plate. Serve with Roti bread.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. It’s quick, simple and easy and full of nutrients. Hopefully it makes your mid week meal more enjoyable.
Thank you for reading my latest post.
Please note this is an original recipe by me. Please do not copy. If you wish to share my recipe please quote my blog page www.vickyshandcrafteddesigns.blog
Leave a Reply