Again it’s dinner time and I am at my wits end. One lone teenager protesting I am not eating what everyone else is eating!
My go to sometimes is hamburgers for everyone but I think that option has worn out it’s welcome.
We mainly eat chicken mince now due to dietary requirements and Mr nearly 16 luckily can still eat beef.
I made chicken meatballs in a white sauce for us and a beef burger for my teenager son. I also made homemade potato wedges and some tortellini also in white saw to go with the chicken meatballs.
Chicken meatball recipe
500g organic chicken mince
Salt to taste
3/4 cup glutenfree breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon of dried tarragon
1 teaspoon dried oregano
White sauce ingredients
1 tablespoon plant based butter (I used Nutlex pulse
1 tablespoon gluten free plain flour ( I used Organ)
1 cup organic almond milk (I used the Australia’s own brand
Salt to taste
1) Put all ingredients in a large bowl. combine until all ingredients are incorporated into the meat. Cover and refrigerate for 1/2.
2) once taken out of fridge shape into meatballs (makes approximately 10 medium meatballs.) set aside
3) in a heavy based pan melt a tablespoon of plant based butter. Place the meatballs in the pan and cover with lid. Once the meatballs start turning white. Remove lid and turn them. Put lid on again and cook a further 5 minutes on low.
4) in a separate pan melt 1 tablespoon of plant butter and add 1 tablespoon of gluten-free flour. Mix until butter is incorporated into flour. Slowly add 1 cup of of organic almond milk. Stirring with eat edition until all combined. Lower temperature and simmer stirring occasionally until saw thickens.
5) remove from heat and pour over meatballs. Replace lid on pan and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
6) once done place in ceramic dish and serve with a salad or potato wedges.
This is an original recipe of mine all ingredients bought at Woolworths
I will include the recipe for the wedge and burger in another post.
Thank you for reading! Happy eating 🥗