Winter is well and truly upon us! Keeping warm is essential and that includes eating a hearty dinner. This recipe will suit everyone in the family including those with gluten and lactose allergies and the fussy eaters. It is easy to prepare and while its baking in the oven you have plenty of time to attend to other chores!
PREP TIME: 1 HOUR + 6-8 HOURS OR OVERNIGHT MARINATING OF CHICKEN
COOKING TIME : 1 HOUR
2.5 KG CHICKEN DRUM STICKS AND WINGS
1 TABLESPOON OF CANOLA OIL
2 TABLESPOONS OF BBQ SAUCE
1 TEASPOON OF DRIED OREGANO
1 TABLESPOON OF DRIED PARSLEY
SALT TO TASTE
- WASH AND DRY CHICKEN, PLACE IN A LARGE CERAMIC BOWL, ADD OIL, BBQ SAUCE, DRIED OREGANO, DRIED PARSLEY AND SALT, MIX THOROUGHLY AND WRAP BOWL WITH PLASTIC WRAP, PLACE IN REFRIGERATOR TO MARINATE FOR 6- 8 HOURS, OR OVERNIGHT IF POSSIBLE.
- PRE HEAT OVEN, BAKE CHICKEN IN 180 DEGREE CELSIUS OVEN FOR ONE HOUR, TURN CHICKEN FREQUENTLY TO PREVENT BURNING.
- SERVE WITH POTATO BAKE AND A GARDEN SALAD.
3 LARGE SWEET POTATOES (YOU CAN ALSO USE 1 KG OF WHITE POTATOES INSTEAD FOLLOW THE SAME SAUCE RECIPE)
1 TABLESPOON OF MARGARINE
2 TABLESPOONS OF GLUTENFREE FLOUR
500 ML OF LACTOSE FREE MILK
1 TEASPOON OF CINNAMON
1/4 TEASPOON ALLSPICE
1 TEASPOON DRIED PARSLEY
2 TEASPOONS OF SALT
- PEEL AND WASH THE POTATOES, SLICE LENGTHWISE.
- SPRAY A 20 CM CERAMIC BAKING DISH WITH COOKING SPRAY, LAYER POTATOES, SPRINKLE EACH LAYER, VERY LIGHTLY WITH SALT. SET ASIDE
- PLACE A MEDIUM SAUCEPAN ON LOW HEAT, MELT 1 TABLESPOON OF MARGARINE, ADD 2 TABLESPOONS OF GLUTENFREE FLOUR AND STIR TO COMBINE.
- STIR THE MARGARINE AND FLOUR UNTIL A SOFT BALL IS FORMED, GRADUALLY ADD MILK, STIR WITH EACH ADDITION, TO ENSURE A SMOOTH SAUCE IS FORMED.
- ADD 1 TEASPOON OF SALT, PARSLEY AND SPICES AND MIX THROUGH, LET SAUCE SIMMER UNTIL THICKENED, TAKE OFF HEAT AND POUR OVER POTATOES.
- PLACE POTATOES IN AN OVEN AT 180 DEGREES CELSIUS FOR ONE HOUR, SERVE WITH BAKED CHICKEN AND GARDEN SALAD.
This is a family favourite we have enjoyed for years. If sharing my recipe please quote my website you can also find me on Instagram and Facebook or Vickys Handcrafted Designs Youtube channel. Feel free to leave your feedback on my recipes.
Thank you for reading this recipe. I hope you enjoy