This light and easy to make gluten free sponge cake makes for a perfect afternoon tea snack.
125 g margarine
125 g caster sugar
2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
100 ml lemon juice
zest from one lemon
125g glutenfree self raising flour
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 160 degrees for fan forced.
2. Spray an 18 cm long loaf tin with cooking oil spray and line with baking paper.
3. Cream margarine, sugar and vanilla essence using an electric mixer on medium speed until the mixture is light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs one at a time mix thoroughly with each addition.
5. Fold in by hand 100 ml of lemon juice, lemon zest, coconut, and flour gently into margarine and egg mixture until it is all incorporated into the mixture.
6. Pour into an 18cm long loaf tin and smooth out gently.
7. Bake in an 180-degrees oven or 160 degrees fan forced oven, for 30 minutes.
8. Leave to cool in tin, then tip over onto a cooling rack.
9. Slice when cold to prevent cake from breaking.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. If sharing please quote my blog Vickys Handcrafted Designs
This is an original recipe designed by me and copyrighted.
I would love your feedback if you try it.
thank you as always for reading my blog and I hope you all enjoy your day.