Some mornings you want something different for breakfast but don’t want a huge cleaning battle on your hands later! Or your little one says “mum, I want pancakes for breakfast”, and the clock is ticking for the school run. Here is a quick recipe to cater for small quantities and limited time. And there is not a lot of clean up after you cooked the pancakes! To make gluten and lactose free substitute the flour, milk and butter for gluten and lactose free brands.
1/2 cup self raising flour (use gluten free if necessary)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon bi carb soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1/2 cup milk (use lactose free if necessary)
1 tablespoon of butter or margarine (use lactose free if necessary)
- Put flour, salt and bi carb soda in a bowl and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk egg, vanilla and maple syrup until light and fluffy.
- Add milk to mixture to egg mixture and whisk until combined and mixture is bubbly.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour, pour in egg and milk mixture and whisk together until well blended and bubbles form in the mixture.
- Grease a small heavy based frying pan or griddle with butter or margarine, once hot, lower heat slightly and pour 1/4 cup of mixture at a time and cook until side facing you forms bubbles all over, turn and cook on low heat for a further minute or until side is browned.
- Serve hot with maple syrup and your favourite fruit or berries.
Hope you enjoy this recipe. This is an original recipe by Vickys Handcrafted Designs. Please quote my name and website if sharing my recipes.
Thank you as always for reading my blog.
Follow me on Facebook for more recipes.