The delicate taste of a hint of cinnamon combined with a dash of vanilla makes for a very delicious breakfast!
These waffles are quick to make and you can freeze them too for later.
4 medium eggs
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups self raising flour
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups milk
- Place eggs, caster sugar, vanilla essence and cinnamon in a large bowl, whisk or beat with electric mixer until mixture is frothy.
- Add a pinch on salt then gradually add the milk and flour alternating between the two. Start with adding the flour first. Mix well between each addition.
- Heat a waffle iron or press until very hot. Coat with butter to ensure waffle mixture doesn’t stick.
- Pour approx 1/3 cup mixture into the bottom pad of the waffle iron and spread along until the edges of the iron are covered. Place down kid and cook until a golden brown.
- Ensure to grease the waffle iron every so often so that mixture doesn’t stick.
- Serve hot with maple syrup
Leave a Reply