I came across this recipe by accident and by that I mean I had every intention on making my Lactose and gluten free choc chip cookies (follow link to get recipe) I had creamed the lactose free butter and sugars and vanilla, I even added the milk! Then I went to get my gluten free self raising flour and oh no! I didn’t have any! In fact not even plain flour!
My daughter then said weren’t you going to make us pancakes? Yes I replied but after I made the cookies. And bingo! The light went on! I had plenty of normal self raising flour so why not make cookie dough pancakes! When I buy gluten free flour I can rework the recipe to suit that flour!
So here it is my accidental Cookie Dough Pancakes!
4 tablespoons butter (softened)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs (I used medium eggs)
2 cups self raising flour
2 cups chocolate chips (optional)
- Cream butter, sugars and vanilla
- Add eggs and mix thoroughly
- Add 1/2 cup of self raising flour mix thoroughly, then 1/2 cup milk, mix thoroughly and alternate with the flour and milk until fully incorporated. Add the chocolate chips and mix through
- Place heavy based frying pan or grill on stove and add one tablespoon of butter. Coat pan.
- Add 1/3 cup of mixture to the pan, spread mixture out for thinner pancakes. Cook one side until you see bubbles forming and flip over
- Cook other side until golden brown
- Makes approximately 15 – 10 cm pancakes
- Serve with maple syrup
I hope you enjoyed this recipe! Keep in mind it is a very delicate and buttery mixture, make sure one side is cooked thoroughly before flipping over and to use a good frying pan. Preferably stone based or cast iron or good quality non stick pan.
Thank you for reading my blog! Enjoy your Sunday!