Who doesn’t like a good chocolate chip cookie! I do t think that I know anyone who doesn’t! Being gluten and lactose intolerant my choices on finding and enjoying a good cookie are slim to say the least! So I decided to come up with my own version and it passed the kiddies test! My kids loved them, so i thought i would include the recipe on my blog.
2 cups gluten free Self raising flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup caster sugar
4 tablespoons of canola spread or lactose free butter
3 tablespoons lactose free milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence or extract
1 cup lactose free choc chips or minimum 85% dark chocolate chunks
- Cream butter, sugars and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add milk 1 tablespoon at a time blending well between each addition.
- Add flour 1 cup at a time blending well between each addition. If mixture is too dry add 1 tablespoon of milk at a time until dough becomes slightly softer.
- Add chocolate chips and mix thoroughly until they are all incorporated into the dough.
- Place generous teaspoon amounts of dough on baking tray lined with baking paper. Flatten dough carefully to form a round disc
- Place in 180 degree oven for 10 minutes or until cookie begins to brown.
- Remove tray from oven and leave cookies to cool slightly. Remove from tray and place on a lined wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy with a nice glass of lactose free milk!
With gluten free flours they may tend to get a bit sticky gradually add more flour if needed to form a firmer dough.
Also depending on your oven the cookies may brown on the bottom and sides first and not on the top. Check they are cooked and remove from oven once they seem cooked.
Thank you for reading my blog and I hope you enjoy the recipe! Link to Facebook page
These sound so good. I’m going to have to try these!
They are delicious! I am lucky I get them all to myself as I am the only one in the house that has to do GF and LF food! Let me know how you go and if you like them.