I am gluten and lactose intolerant as well as suffering from mild acid reflux and irritable bowel syndrome and my husband suffers from severe acid reflux and high blood pressure.
I have had to eliminate flavourings such as garlic and onions as they are major trigger factors. Also salt and pepper. Not to mention countless fruits and vegetables that are triggers for my IBS and our acid reflux issues.
It doesn’t make cooking easy but I am up for the challenge.
So here is an easy recipe for lemon chicken which yuh can serve with rice, noodles or salad.
500g Chicken Breast
1/2 cup lemon juice
3/4 cup cold water
1 tbl gluten free corn flour
1 tbl chives
1 tbl parsley
1 tbl sage
3 tsp caster sugar
2 medium carrots
1 cup string beans
2 tbl canola oil
- Wash and dry chicken cut into strips and place in glass bowl.
- Add lemon juice and dried herbs and castor sugar. Mix and set aside for 1/2 hour to soak in juice.
- Peel and chop carrots into thin strips.
- Place 1 tablespoon of oil in a heavy based frying pan add carrots and string beans. Stir fry on medium heat until just soft. Set aside
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil again to the frypan, drain chicken and fry until just brown.
- Add vegetables to chicken in pan, dissolve 1 tablespoon of gluten free corn flour in a 3/4 cup of cold water, stir until dissolved and add to chicken in pan.
- Add another 1/4 cup of lemon juice, mix until combined.
- Simmer on low heat until sauce thickens.
- Serve over a bed of steamed rice or cooked noodles or with a garden salad.
This is one of my original recipes please quote my name Vickys Handcrafted Designs when sharing my recipes.
I hope you enjoy and thank you for reading my blog.