My kids love macaroni and cheese! But I don’t like the processed box version as it is full of preservatives and artificial colours.
I have come up a quick and easy version you can make in one pot and no fancy ingredients!
Recipe serves 1-2 to make more just double the quantities.
1 cup Gluten free macaroni
1 tablespoon margarine or lactose free butter
1 tablespoon gluten free flour
1/2 cup lactose free milk
2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup lactose free grated tasty or cheddar cheese
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Salt and pepper to taste
- fill small saucepan 3/4 of the way with water. Add salt and boil water. Place 1 cup of macaroni pasta in the water and boil until cooked approx. 10 minutes.
- Drain and return to pot, add 1 tablespoon of butter or margarine and stir until fully incorporated.
- Add 1 tablespoon of gluten free flour, cinnamon and nutmeg and stir mixture until fully incorporated and mixture becomes sticky.
- Slowly add lactose free milk and stir until smoothly blended.
- Add Parmesan and lactose free grated cheese and stir until completely dissolved in the pasta mixture. Serve warm with garden salad and crusty gluten free bread.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Let me know your verdict if you try it. If sharing my recipes please tag my name Vickys Handcrafted Designs
I am going to have to see if I can get all these lactose feee ingredients in my local Coles or Woolworths. Great post!!! Thanks for sharing your recipe ❤❤ ~Kimi~
Let me know how you went!
sounds delish! and low fodmap friendly! yay!
Yeah that was my aim lol! I can eat it too!